Hi my loves,
At the beginning of this year, I put in a lot of time and effort into this blog but half-way through I decided to take some time away from doing so to focus on some projects. I now feel as though I'm at a point where I've dedicated myself whole-heartedly to my writing and there is no doubt in my mind that this is what I want to spend the rest of my life doing.
In the time away from blogging, I wasn't only writing articles and speaking or meeting with friends to plan some major ideas that will hopefully unfold in 2015 but I've actually been spending a lot of time on Instagram and using that as a means to share my work with the world and connect with some effortlessly beautiful souls. The response has been immensely overwhelming and I never knew just how kind, loving and supportive people could possibly be until I read the comments, direct messages and emails.
I'm now at a point, more than ever before, where I realised that this passion of mine has the power and potential to truly make a remarkable difference to people and their lives. I then thought to myself, why not start blogging again? I remember when I went through a dark time in my life, I'd frantically search the Internet for something, anything, that could give me a glimmer of hope whether it was an inspirational and motivational quote, picture or video.
Therefore, my aim with the re-launching of this blog is for it to become a one-stop destination for people who need that guidance. I want it to become somewhat of a safe haven and escape for them to run and turn to when they feel as though their world is falling to pieces. I've made some changes to the blog and I've added some new aspects which I'm so excited to share with everyone.
I'm about to write up some new Advice & Articles and after reading some of my old ones I've been able to realise how far I've come. I know that some of the articles, mainly those related to love and heartbreak, were written when I was going through a rather difficult time in my life and to read them now, I have not only been able to reflect back on my experiences and all that I've been through but I truly hope that someone else can read those pieces and have it heal or help them in some way.
In terms of the idea of darkness and depression that found their way into the articles, I can't believe that I was once in that place. I don't mean to suggest that I regret it or despise it, but I look at where I am now and I feel as though I've freed myself from that time in my life and maybe, just maybe, I can free others from that space that can so easily be fallen into.
I'm nervous to write up some new pieces for this blog but what honestly gets me through and encourages me to just start and finish writing something is the idea that it could really mean something to someone out there. In my mind I hope that it can make some sort of change to them, their life or their thoughts and therefore their actions. I want them to feel and know that they're not alone and that they're never alone.
I'll stop rambling now.... Lots of love, Alyssa.
No comments:
Post a Comment