Tuesday, 25 February 2014

{advice and articles | be the heroine of your life, not the victim- N.E}


Last night, I made a mistake that I countlessly am found guilty of; consuming coffee before bedtime knowing that I'll be in for a night of deep thought and wonderment despite my strong desire to sleep. I, like anyone else on this universe, have had my fair share of struggle and self-despair. While I know what I've been through doesn't even come close to many of the adversities that others have faced or conquered, I try my hardest, as I believe we all should, to steer clear of comparing my life to that of others and instead thinking of where I am now and how far I've come.

I don't want to unveil too much of my personal life this soon into launching my blog (though I may do just that further down the track) but as my mind was filled with thoughts of the past and all that I'm trying to run free from in the present, I thought to myself that while admittedly there were things I want to let go of and not deal with, I could not let them get the better of me. My goodness our thoughts are powerful beyond belief. I find it astonishing that one or many sleepless nights can truly overpower and perhaps manipulate our thoughts as well as the actions that are to follow. In that one moment of thought last night, I realised that I could give in and give up thus allowing all that I've escaped from to catch-up with me and how far I've come to fall to pieces or I could rise above it all and not let these thoughts somehow convince me that the past is where I'm going to return to or to allow them to convince me that reminders and people from my past could disrupt my present life.

In that moment, the quote, "Above all, be there heroine in your life, not the victim" resonated with me. It is perfectly fine for us to have those moments of sadness and such but we can't allow ourselves to be the puppet-masters of the voices inside our heads telling us that things won't get better or that tomorrow won't be greater than today. You must stream positive thoughts into your being, so much that you are not only happy about life but to the extent that you are excited about it. From time to time, our past may haunt us either in our thoughts and sleepless nights or perhaps even making sudden appearances in our daily lives. This is normal. This is life. We cannot allow for either our past or anything we're in the process of overcoming to disrupt and break us ever so easily. Be so content with your life that the past and any struggle can come and go without taking a part of you with it.

You can fall to pieces and ultimately immerse or rather drown yourself in self-hate, pity and/or despair or you could fight it and be the hero. You can save yourself. You can be the very reason that things in your life are getting better or are amazing. You don't want to be the person who let things that should no longer matter, or things that life will inevitably place within your path, destroy your entire being and life. Take these moments of struggle and self-doubt as opportunities. This is nothing more but a chance to prove that the greatest experiences in life come from overcoming the bad or worst.

You are very well capable of being the heroine of your life so long as you give yourself the chance to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment